Employee Health & Safety Manager:
Central Contractors Service, Inc.
The ALL Family of Companies and its affiliated branches are Equal Opportunity Employers with competitive wage and benefits packages in a drug-free environment.
Safety Dept. of Central Contractors Service, Inc., a large crane equipment company serving the construction industry in Chicago and multiple states seeks an EHS Manager with experience in the areas of safety management for the crane and rigging industry. The emphasis will be in the area of commercial, petrochemical, steel, and heavy industry environments. The successful candidate must be able to work independently on multiple matters in a fast-paced environment. The position requires a bachelor’s degree or 2 plus years of related experience in the crane and rigging industry.
Employee Health & Safety Manager – Essential Functions
- Be familiar with and maintain knowledge of relevant crane and rigging codes, standards, and regulations.
- Identifies and ensures compliance with safety and health standards for employees at branch locations and large heavy-industry work sites.
- Follows Corporate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with environmental, health, and safety regulations at Company facilities and work sites.
- Conducts regular and random safety inspections of work sites and facilities in order to assess operations, compliance, and to detect existing, or potential accident, fire, or health hazards. Recommends corrective or preventative action(s) and prepares evaluation, i.e. audit, report(s) for Corporate office review.
- Reviews injury/accident reports for causal factors and identifies follow up or corrective action(s) to prevent recurrence. Must be able to develop site-specific Job Hazard Analysis (JHA).
- Conducts regular safety meetings with management and employees.
- Implements safety policies, procedures, and written communications.
- Understands DOT compliance and ability to maintain driver files.
- Prepares and disseminates information on safety issues on a regular, and timely basis.
- Responsible for personal, professional development. Maintain professional development through training, seminars, etc. that enhance knowledge of safety, crane and lifting operations.
- Maintains open line of communication with Corporate office through regular verbal and written communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2 plus of related experience as a safety manager in the crane/rigging industry, heavy industry environment, i.e. petrochemical, steel, etc.
- Valid drivers license with acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Valid TWIC credential, or ability to secure.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in written format, i.e. report writing.
- Experience in accident investigation.
- Ability to operate a personal computer.
All Crane Family of Companies
The ALL Family of Companies and its affiliated branches are Equal Opportunity Employers with competitive wage and benefits packages in a drug-free environment. The ALL Family of Companies is the largest privately-owned crane rental and sales enterprise in North America, with 38+ strategically located branches operating under the ALL, Central, Dawes, and Jeffers names – including specialized divisions for aerial lifts, boom trucks (ALT Sales), and parts. Since 1964, the ALL Family has been a leader in the lift industry – with market strengths that include commercial construction, roads & bridges, power generation, plants & processing, facility maintenance, and more. We are ALL that you need. We offer competitive wage and benefits package. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Drug-free environment.
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Comprehensive Benefits Plans (Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance)
- 401(k) retirement plan
To submit your application, email email@example.com unless other contact information is indicated for the position. Please note, a resume or CV may supplement the Employment Application, but should not be submitted in place of the Application.
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, non-job-related disability, or any other protect group status.